- 1 cup - Urad Dal
- 2 tsp - raw Rice
- 1 tsp - Corn flour
- 3 cups - Sugar
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp - Kesar color
- 4 drops - Orange essence
Soak the urad dal and raw rice in water for 1 hour.
- Rinse the urad dal and rice and grind in grinder by adding very little water to a dropping (vada) consistency.
- Take a handful of the batter and place in a plastic cover (refer notes).
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan, when the oil is hot, squeeze the plastic cover so that the batter comes out of the small hole.
- Rotate your hand to squeeze the batter in hot oil to make a small circle with flower like design.
- Fry well and remove.
- Repeat the steps for the remaining batter.
- Heat another heavy-bottomed pan, add sugar. Add water so that sugar dissolves in water
- Stir the sugar syrup continuously until the syrup is sticky.
- Now add orange essence and kesar colour and stir well.
- To this sugar syrup, add 5-6 fried jangri and mix it well so that the jangris get dipped in sugar syrup.
- Leave this for 5-10 mins and then take those jangris out of sugar syrup and place it in a plate
- Repeat the steps for the rest of fried jangris
- The delicious jangri is ready to serve.
- Recipe courtesy: http://www.subbuskitchen.com/